Beware of Google Treasure Chest.

This is just a quick post warning you guys to stay far away from Google Treasure Chest. They are operating the same deceitful acts as Google Money Tree. Their presell page claims to send you a packet of information on how to make money online for just $3.88. The deceit lies within the terms and conditions.

If you sign up for their program, you’ll automatically be enrolled in their “membership program.” I don’t exactly know what this entails, but I do know that if you don’t call and cancel the membership you didn’t sign up for, you’ll be charged $72.21 in just seven days. You’ll continue to be charged the same amount each month until you manually call in and cancel your fake membership. Again, there is no mention of this within their sales pitch. You have to dig through their terms and conditions in order to find this lovely bit of information.

Another interesting note is that this program is in no way endorsed by Google. I’m actually astonished that Google hasn’t issued a cease and desist for attaching their name to these programs. It’s just a matter of time I suppose.

You can read more about this in our Google Money Tree post.

Are there more companies peddling these same tricks? Let us know in the comments below.

The BEST Way to Make Money Online EVER?

We've reviewed 105 different programs and we've found one program gives our readers the best chance at making real money online. Click here to see what program we recommend most.

1. I too fell into this trap. I was charged $1.97 initially on the 18th of April and then the $72.21 came out on the 28th of April. I since called the 866-951-1406 number to cancel the subscription, I had to hold for 8 minutes to reach someone. Then this morning I called the 866-957-0020 number to inquire about a refund. I was given a confirmation number and a promise that the money would be refunded within 7-10 business days. So I will monitor my account and respond with the results. As hard as it was, I found being pleasant to the agents was the best way to get results as they were nice back to me and that probably made them more inclined to cooperate with my requests.

2. littlemissblue says:

regarding my post above, do you think that those actions are enough? anything i still need to do?

3. littlemissblue says:

I signed up for this, too, but cancelled an hour later after finally reading the terms and conditions (stupid of me to read it AFTER i signed up). I was given a cancellation number…went to check my credit card account and i was charged 2.49 for s/h. I forgot all about it until the other day when i received my cd. i haven’t opened it yet, and i don’t plan too. i’m thinking if i should send it back? i called the number written on the package and after waiting for a few minutes, i was able to get a hold of someone. he asked for some information regarding my account and told me that it seemed like i had already cancelled my account days before (whew!) i also called Grantspring to cancel any account i may have unlocked and they told me i do not have any account set up with them. i’ve been checking my visa statement and so far, no 72 dollar charges have resurfaced. i have also called visa to ask them to hold any charges made by googletreasurechest and they said that it was not possible. they also do not advise cancelling my card for that reason alone. i asked for a way to protect my card from being charged by these fraudulent people and they told me that i just need to keep my cancellation number and that if this company charges me for anything more, i can contact visa, give them the cancellation number and they will contact and clear it up with the company. i will be very vigilant about this and keep on checking my cc statements to make sure i’m never charged for anything.i will also try calling googletreasurechest tomorrow and the next few days to see if they give me the same cancellation number (just to be sure i wasn’t not given a fake and random one) and to make sure that my account really was cancelled. i don’t know if i should send the cd back (that would also cost me s/h fee). and i also tried calling the refund number to get my 1.97 back and they said that i can’t because it’s for the U.S. postal service (which makes sense in a way).

4. WOW! I REALLY WISHED I HAD READ THIS WEBSITE BEFORE I CLICKED THE ORDER BUTTON. I SIGNED UP ON THE 15TH AND WAS CHARGED ON THE 25TH. UNBEKNOWNST TO ME BECAUSE I DIDN’T RECEIVE ANY EMAIL CONFIRMATION OR THE CD. I READ THE FINE PRINT BUT LIKE MOST REASONABLE PEOPLE I FIGURED THE INITIAL START UP COST OF 72.21 WOULD BE WORTH IT IF I COULD ACTUALLY MAKE SOME MONEY OFF THE DEAL. I SEE NOW THAT THIS IS JUST ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF HOW DECEIVING PEOPLE CAN BE. FYI I CALLED THE NUMBER ON THE WEBSITE TO CANCEL GOT THE MSG STATING THIER OFFICE HOURS AND THEN THE CALL DISCONNECTED(866-951-1406) THEN FOUND (866-957-0020) SPOKE WITH RACHEL WHO TOLD ME I’LL BE REFUNDED IN 3-5 BUSINESS DAY AND GAVE ME A CONFIRMATION #. THEN I HAD TO CALL GRANTSPRING AT (866-274-2155) TO CANCEL THAT SUBSCRIPTION AS WELL! UUGGGHHH!!! SHOULD’VE KNOWN BETTER BUT YOU LIVE AND LEARN. DOES ANYONE THINK I SHOULD CALL AND CANCEL MY CREDIT CARD TOO? OR SHOULD I WAIT TO SEE IF THEY’RE REALLY GOING TO CREDIT MY ACCOUNT.

5. clyde fox says:

JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE. THEY HAD ME SIGNED UP FOR THREE DIFFERENT PRTOGRAMS AND WAS GOING TO CHARGE ME MONTHLY. TREASURE CHEST AND SAFE LOCK (1-866-957-0020 AND SOMETHING CALLED GRANT SPRING. 888-247-2155 i KNEW ABOUT THE TREASURE CHEST BUT NOT THE OTHER TWO.

6. THANKS FOR ALL THE INFORMATION. I AM ON A FIXED INCOME AND A LOOKING FOR SOMETHING INEXPENSIVE TO DO ON LINE AND I THOUGHT THIS WOULD BE ONE. I AM GOING TO CANCELL MY SUBSCRIPTION TO THIS SO CALLED BUSINESS. I STILL HAVE 4 DAYS BEFORE MY CARD GETS CHARGED. IF I CAN GET THRUGH TO THEM. I TO HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY INFORMATION ON HOW TO GET STARTED OR ANYTHING ELSE, EXCEPT THEY ARE GOING TO CHARGE MY CARD A MONTHLY FEE.

7. Erin – thank you. I just called to cancel.

After paying 1.97 (electronic shipment?) I never got any confirmation email and nothing in the mail. In Terms it says by paying 1.97 you open a 7 day free trial window. However, they never let you know how to access their site for trial. So now 10 days later I still dont know where my 1.97 went. The funny thing is, a couple days after I signed up I got a phone call from customer service asking me for another 3.88 for shipping after which they will send me the access code via email. When I asked the script-reading guy what was the 1.97 for, he said he had no idea about this charge and it wasnt from Google TreasureChest. That’s when I know it was a scam. Stupid me for thinking there is “free lunch”.

8. To Erin on Apr 30th, 2009 at 2:31 am

The problem here is that Google Treasure Chest’s intention information is hidden in the T/C and this is not the “proper” disclosure of their intentions. That information about their intent should be printed next to the submit button for you to be able to make an informed decision. FTC guidelines on using the advance consent/negative option which these crooks are abusing states that (1) Disclosure must be Presented prior to the consumer incurring any
    financial obligation (2)All material terms and conditions of the offer must be
    disclosed in a clear and understandable manner

About Consent
    (3)The consumer must clearly and affirmatively consent
    to the offer after all material terms and conditions
    have been disclosed:

Google Treasure Chest’s T/C are not presented “openly” upfront in a clear and understandable manner to be read before the transaction occurs but in fact are concealed (hidden)in links which negates giving the consumer the information about GTC’s intent. That is why so many are complaining, and this abuse is in fact against the law. It is called FRAUD!!!

9. My brother received this CD in the mail. put in in my computer and was looking around at it. In 5 mins my virus program shut it down and said that it had only been able to partially clean up a trojan horse. Anyone have any advise for me?

10. I did not sign up for this scam as I read them terms and conditions first…thankfully!

Sorry to all who have been taken by this. I’ve listed some helpful info below.

The disclosure of the information is on the first screen where you enter your information and where the countdown clock is and where you gain “instant access”. It’s at the very bottom of the page.

See below:

Google Treasure Chest Kit is not affiliated with, endorsed by or in any way associated with Google. Results vary. Individuals have been remunerated.
    All Content Copyright © 2005-2009, Easy Google Cash, LLC. All Rights Reserved Worldwide.
    Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy of Easy Google Cash, LLC

Go to the very bottom of the screen and click on the Terms and Conditions link and it will bring it up. I’ve listed the Charge Backs and Reversals and Shipping & Other Fees as these seem to be what is being discussed the most.

Charge backs and Reversals:
    We handle all charge backs and reversals as potential cases of fraudulent use of our services and/or theft of services. In cases where we have provided a service and we have verified that a client has received a kit and/or received a password to our site(s), whether or not they have used the site in any way, possible actions taken by the company may include disabling access to your account, filing a complaint with the Internet Crimes Bureau or local authorities, or reporting the incident to the appropriate authorities in your state to investigate theft of services. All fraudulent cases of chargeback requests will be vigorously fought by the Company. Please be advised that all activity and IP address information is being monitored on the site. This information may be used in a civil and criminal case against a client if there is fraudulent use or theft of services.

Shipping & Other Fees:
    Upon submitting a request for Membership, a Member ID and Password are assigned to you and can be used to gain access to googletreasurechest.com. The initial shipping and handling charge of one dollars and ninety seven cents, includes the google treasure chest kit as well as seven days worth of access to the online directories and training. After seven days, if you choose not to cancel, you will be billed your first monthly membership fee of seventy two dollars and twenty one cents for the membership fee for the googletreasurechest.com membership. Membership fees will be charged to the credit card used by you to complete the transaction. You have also unlocked a fourteen-day trial and twenty one-day trial to the Fraud SafeLockID and GrantSpring for just $38.84 and $24.87 a month thereafter (shows as “SafeLockID” and “GrantSpring”) should you choose not to cancel. Prior charges for all programs are non-refundable but bonus subscriptions can be cancelled and future charges stopped at any time by calling toll-free 866.951.1406 Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm. All offers come with a monthly newsletter.
    If you choose to sign up for this product and pay the recurring monthly charges using a debit card you hereby provide pre-authorization and consent that googletreasurechest.com may charge seventy two dollars and twenty one cents on a monthly basis. You may stop payment on any pre-authorized charge by notifying googletreasurechest.com at least three business days prior to the scheduled charge date. You agree your pre-authorization and written consent to charge your debit card is given in electronic form by submitting the request for the membership, and that an electronic signature is sufficient to authenticate your authorization to charge the debit card. You further agree that these terms and conditions shall be your copy of your pre-authorization for the debit card.
    Upon completion of the order form, should your credit card be declined, we may, at our option continue to try to authorize your purchase on future dates. Your acceptance of these terms indicates your additional acceptance that should your purchase of either the shipping for your free kit, or your monthly membership fee eventually approve, you will accept and approve those charges to your method of payment.

11. I signed up for the free kit. No big loss @ only 1.97. I never had an opportunity to view the treasure chest information as some have explained above. I waited, and waited and…you guessed it waited some more. I finally opened an account online to view my credit card statement and saw the charges of the 1.97 plus the first charge of 70+ dollars. I filed a dispute with the credit card company and said I was responsible for the first charge. They may be able to get the refund for the second charge. I cancelled my card so I know it will stop. As far as calling the number for the refund, I get nowhere! To all who want to be self employed, this is not a way to get employment. Stay away from these schemes, they are not good for your emotional health! If there is any advice from anyone, I am willing to hear it!!

12. Initially this site came up and stupidly after reading this guys statement about how this was 100% trusted and guarenteed and totally risk and scam free, I entered my details. I was then connected to a video presentation about setting up a merchant bank account. An application form for IMAX Bancard Network then followed. At this point I became very suspicious and did not fill it in. However the next minute yet another link appeared re GoogleTreasureChest. It was at this point that the terms and conditions were made available for reading. I haven’t set up any password or acknowledged any membership number but I assume that because I had entered my card details re the shipping cost of $1.97 this could mean they are able to charge my card. I contacted Barclaycard who have blocked my card. This now means that nothing can be taken by anyone. Just tried to ring the 001-888-705-1275-001 but got no answer. Can anyone advise me if I need to do anything else or will what I have done suffice. Can’t believe I’ve been so stupid.
    Carol from Cheshire.

1. Carol, don’t kick yourself. Those sales pages are good at what they do. It sounds like you’ve done enough, but others who have canceled their cards saw money still being taken. See the last dozen-or-so comments above yours.

13. I also was just about to pay the 1.97 for the kit but i decided to read all the terms and conditions before giving them my information and realized that there were underlying fees that would have to be paid every month. I would like to know if anyone out there has actually read the terms and conditions,then preceded to try this google treasure chest kit and paid and still continue to pay the 72.21 per month? And if so, have they been somewhat successful in making any money at it? Im not talking thousands of dollars per month, im just talking maybe enough money to make it worth while and is the work you do something that would be somewhat easy. I appreciate any responses to this comment.

14. RE: Google Treasure Chest
    Another thing I want to call attention to:
    When I canceled my debit card and asked the bank to issue me a new card I found that my new card when it arrived had the same exact numbers as the old one did– same number the crooks have. All the bank had done was renew the card. So if you go to the trouble of canceling your debit/credit cards you might check this out. If I had activated that new debit card the crooks would have been in business again with my account as they state in their terms “if a charge is denied” they will keep trying to access you account later.
    Another strange thing that has happened in my case: Over the weekend that my debit card was debited for the $72.21 by these crooks I was unable to access my bank account “online” because my account was locked up. You have 3 tries to get online with your password and then it will lock you out. I had been locked out of my account before I even tried one password!! I am paranoid and I’m led to believe that someone must have tried to get into my bank information and locked the account up. Sure was a strange co-incidence!

15. Sory bank for the typo’s also it is from Sandy UT for refunds at 866957 on 42809 from card #**************

16. To follow up I just checked my band account and they are wanting authorization on $72.21 I have to go to my band tommorow and stop the authorization god I should kick myself in the a$$

17. Ok people me and my fiancee were banking on this and just by reading the reports I now realize that we got jacked however the phone number might be 1-866-951-1406 the adress has changed to Google Treasure Chest 837 E 9400 S Ste 233 Sandy UT 84094 postage from Orem UT the C.D came yeserday and I just now put it in my computer I am just hoping to find something that we can do from home so she can quit and got to school

18. Anuther_nubie says:

To reply to Jean from the 27th; good summarization on the numbers; the 1-866-951-1406 when you call during normal business hours only has a recording that says to call during normal business hours WHICH IS NEVER… and then it hangs up on you.

19. I signed up for this last night, realised it was probably a scam seconds later! I contacted my bank this morning and cancelled my debit card, but was told that although they will issue me with a new card they may still be able to take the cash from my account.
    I have called the cancellation number and was told my account(s) have been cancelled, two accounts? Anyway have been given a 2 cancellation numbers and shall now be watching my bank account very carefully.
    By the way I’m in the UK, can I file a complaint?

20. I to was scammed by this website. I filed a complaint with Better Business Bureau. Go to http://www.bbb.org my case # for this complaint is: #22073579. The more people that file a complaint the more likely it is that this scam will be stopped and shut down. I feel lucky as some people where charged for many months before they realized it. If my complaint stops one person from being ripped off from this SCAM then it was worth the time I spent filing the claim, which by the way took less than 30 min. and I was able to do it online. Hope this comment helps others….

21. me too been scamed paid for trial never got one, have been charged £50.55 out of bank but havent recieved anything have just got through to customer services whom say they will refund my money within 10 business working days and have cancelled all future membership. will just have to wait and see if it goes back into account

22. I have the same EXACT story as the rest! I’ve been reading these complaints for an hour now and somehow feel better that I’m not the only one. I will check the above link and file a complaint if possible. I hope everyone else will do the same. “Power in numbers”… hopefully.

23. Wow, thanks to “Not Kevin” and Peggy for their thorough discussion on these criminals. I haven’t got my money back yet. It seems that 3-5 business days means I should get a credit on the 28th at the latest. I doubt it will happen. I did get a cancellation # from them. This is amazing! So many good people being ripped off by crooks! I hope they get sent to prison. I think Google should stop them from advertising on any of their sites. To the attorney in Texas, he should also file a cease and desist order on Google to stop them from allowing any further damage by Google Treasure Chest to inernet users.

24. Ok so i signed up for this, didn’t see anything about me getting charged so i went ahead with the order, I never received a confirmation or any software and called and canceled the next morning. I was told that the transaction never went through and i would not be charged anything as i never received a confirmation email, low and behold i get a phone call from someone trying to get me to put more money into this program fore personal mentoring. Obviously the transaction was not canceled. And because it was more than 7 days i was charged the $72! ARGHH!! I was told i would not be charged anything! So beware of this scam now, they are pretending to not have received the order, then they go ahead and send the charge through! This is an absolute lie to me and whats worse as a consumer there is nothing i could do as i never received a confirmation number of my purchase ever!

Just beware of this one make sure you call and follow up with them that your account is in fact canceled. I had to phone a few times to get a cancellation number.

1. Jozy, on your credit card statement, what is the name of the company that made the charge? The Texas Attorney General has filed charges against googlemoneytree.com, which pulls the same kind of stunt.

25. Just to let you all know. They have refunded my money today.It is in the bank. Does not help the fact that I am still $110 in a hole thanks to the fact that they took it out in the first place. I can’t stand people who take money from those of us who are crazy enough to give it to them. Not sure what I was thinking. Mom always said “If it sounds to good to be true, chances are it is.” One of these days I will learn to listen to her.

26. Not Kevin says:

Good news which I discovered thanks to a post by ‘Deano’ on scam.com – looks like the long arm of the law may finally be catching up with these scammers!

“Attorney General Abbott Charges Web Site Operator with Orchestrating Fraudulent Work-at-Home Scheme

Infusion Media Inc.’s ‘GoogleMoneyTree’ uses high profile name to deceive out-of-work Internet users

AUSTIN – Attorney General Greg Abbott today charged two Utah-based defendants with operating a fraudulent work-at-home scheme. The state’s enforcement action names Infusion Media Inc. and Jonathan D. Eborn, whose “GoogleMoneyTree.com” promised six-figure earnings for conducting specialized Google and Yahoo Internet searches.

According to investigators, the defendants promised big payouts in order to convince Web users to spend $3.88 on shipping and handling for a “free kit” that supposedly would show them how to make money from home. Those who purchased the kit were later surprised to discover they were being charged $72 a month by the defendants.”

Full press release here:

They are encouraging other victims of this scam to “file complaints with the Office of the Attorney General toll-free at (800) 252-8011 or file complaints online at http://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov.”

More info and research on this scam can be found here: http://strangelyperfect.tv/3099/google-treasure-chest-its-a-scam-and-a-half/

27. Hi again everyone! Just a follow-up with my other comment. A couple of people on here made note of it too – not only do you have to cancel with GoogleTreasureChest, but you have to cancel the other two trial subscriptions. The FraudSafeLockID is cancelled with GoogleTreasureChest, but make sure you call 866-951-1406 to make sure. Then call 888-247-2155 to cancel the GrantSpring subscription. I know, I know, what a pain in the a#@ this has become! Good luck to you all. . .

28. me too! i just saw a charge for $72.21 on my bank account. called bank and there is NO company name associated with the charge. also is a $1.97 fee from same. called this #: 866 957 0020. there is no, “hi thanks for calling xyz co” only a recording that the next avail agent will be with you shortly. Got a guy on phone after about 5 mins; asked him what co this was and he said “this is a 3rd party cust svc co, so you could be calling about any # of co’s.” with my last name and zip code he claimed to “pull up my account.” I told him I didn’t know what this was, or who from. he said “google treasure chest.” i asked about the $1.97 and he told me it’s a shipping and handling fee. he said he’d refund the $72.21, but without a police report claiming the $1.97 was fraud, he couldn’t refund that!

29. Hi everyone! I, too got scammed by “joshmadecash.com”! On Saturday, the 25th, I purchased what I thought was a free DVD, to only pay the $1.97 S/H. And when I didn’t receive any confirmation e-mail, I googled and researched and found that this is indeed a scam. I am usually pretty good about not falling for these types of things, but like most people on here, it was only a $1.97. . . well, I immediately went to my bank this morning (Monday) and cancelled my visa check card. She told me that there was nothing wrong with doing so and they could not come back at me for the funds since it can be proven that they are a scam. Anyway, I came home and called the 866-951-1406 number and actually talked to a rep named Britany (I got her ID number also) who cancelled my subscription. She did give me a confirmation number as well. Do this even though you cancel your credit card because then you can prove that you cancelled your subscription, therefore assuring that they will not come after you. I hope this helps. I’ll never fall for this trap again.

30. When you gave them the credit card #, you signed up for whatever they wanted to charge you. My bank told me to cancel everything including my bank account. Or they will keep on getting your money.

31. hi
    yes,i gave them my credit card,to ship the kit,
    but i didnt sign up on the homepage,after i got their email with password…
    should i still call them to make sure?

32. it is 2 weeks now and i still didn’t get my money yet. I’m calling back 2mro.

33. Hi Rolend

As long as you didn’t give them your credit card #
    then you should be ok, all of us haved been scammed & i have yet to receive my cd

Melba

34. hey,do they also charge this 72 dollars???,without signing up on their homepage?i just ordered the kit,but didnt sign up on the homepage,because i found this site!

35. I too was scammed!! I hate when that happens. You would think with the economy in the shape that it is in and people in the financial strain that we are in that they would have a little more compassion for us and would not mislead us. As with some of the other comments, it was not on the first page or even the page where you give your life history. That should have sent up the first red flag, but I am in need of some monthly income so I tend to overlook things. I did call the numbers that are in some of these posts. They claim that I have been canceled and gave me a confirmation #. They also told me that I would receive a refund in 7-10 days. Well I called back to make sure that I had been cancelled and the lady that I spoke with this time told me that it had been cancelled and that I would receive a refund of $72.21 in 3-5 days. First of all they need to get their stories together. Second of all I should have been smarter than that. And Third, they need to be in court and have to give every dollar back that they have taken from people. Enough already. With three kids I have enough to worry about without having to worry about someone scamming me!!! Do they not have a conscience?

36. Adam, I’m not Bob but if your 30 days are not up and you have already been charged the membership subscription fee (this varies from $30 up to $70) you need to call the number given on your credit card statement. It has the number listed FOR REFUNDS. If you don’t have a statement I would call your credit card company or bank and notify them about your concern. If you are wanting to cancel before you are charged then you need to go back to the googletreasurechest site http://googletreasurechest.com and get the number from the section they have on “about us”. I had two numbers to try to get in touch with them with. 866-957-0020 for refund and 866-951-1406 supposedly their support. Don’t give up calling Good luck

37. Bob is this true. I am pissed that i fell for this.. who should i ask for to get my money back?

38. Go to http://www.complaintsboard.com/?search=google+treasure+chest and http://www.googletreasurechest.com
    You will see enough information to open your eyes and wonder why this scam has not been stopped.
    The initial “bait” (in my case, an informative work at home CD) is to gain your credit card information. After they have this they will start charging your account whether or not you do or buy anything further. It seems most people do not discover this until after they have had several withdrawals by their credit card. In my case I thought I was just doing a simple $1.97 transaction for an informative Cd about “Work at Home”. Nothing in the ad said anything about anything more than the purchase of a Cd. After I Paid for the Cd with debit card I was waiting for the usual paid invoice about the purchase but instead I was directed to
    a website with a message about “enjoy looking around this site while I was waiting for my Cd.” I was puzzled about why I was sent to the site but thought it was just further helpful information about work at home. I was asked to choose a password and since a lot of sites ask you to register for a password I did not think too much about this. I could see by the junk ads on the site that it was nothing more that what is found all over the internet. A few days later the Cd arrived.
    Then 7 days later “Whamo” I checked my bank statement and found an unauthorized $72.21 withdrawal on my debit card. I have since researched Google Treasure Chest and Google money tree on the internet and found page after page of complaints about this practice. I finally found their terms and conditions in tiny print on the bottom link of the Google Treasure Chest website. It’s a lot of gobblety gook about how they can charge your credit card for services at their discretion and that you will be charged 72.21 monthly. This information should have been made available on the site where I bought the Work at home Cd and also on the front page of the website that I was sent to.. This type of information is supposed to be up front so you can make an informed decision. A contract like this would not stand up in court as there is no meeting of the minds. The reason that these type of people can get away with these practices is that it is so time consuming and expensive to try to correct it and most people just won‘t go to that trouble. . These crooks do not have a viable product or service to offer and are preying on the public with the established “Google” name.

They have a 30 day refund guarantee phrase in their terms requiring you to call a certain number to cancel subscription and require you send the cd back with a RGA number in order to get your money back. I had to call the number a dozen times trying to get an answer. Each time I was connected I either got someone mumbling about what days and hours they were open., or I got another voice that is suddenly cut off with an ominous click. I am sure that most people would have given up by this time. I kept trying the number and finally reached a person who said her name was “Rachel”. When I asked for her full name she informed me that she could not give out that information. I replied “I just bet not” and she replied “it would be stupid”. Then she turns around and says she can give me an id number for her and gave me a number. I told her I was calling to get my money refunded and that I needed their RGA number to send their #&88 cd back and if I did not get the money back that they took without my authorization that all hell was going to break out.
    At this point she says “do you want me to cancel your subscription so you won’t be charged anything further?” By this time I am hot under the collar. Informing her that “yes” I most certainly did and that they would not be able to charge my debit card any further as I have canceled it and notified my bank not to honor any further charges from them to the debit card or my bank account, and furthermore I intended to file a fraud claim against them with my bank if my money was not refunded immediately. She told me she would have to go into my account to see if they could refund my money—I was put on hold– finally she returned and said that they would refund my money and that it would take 5 to 7 days. She then gave me a great big long number which she said was to prove that I had canceled the subscription in time and that I would not be required to return the Cd. I am really skeptical about the money ever showing up. I have checked the password google treasure chest site and I can still access it.

I would advise you to let all your friends know about these unethical people and their practices and to steer clear of them.
    incidentally I never tried the cd for fear of virus or other malware.
    If I receive my money back I will let you know. If I don’t I am going to notify every law organization I can think of to try and put a stop to this unethical business practice.
    I was so gullible.

39. Sharon on Apr 8th, 2009 at 4:39 pm

Sharon did you actually receive your money or just get a promise it would be given back?

40. To Emma and Ezekiel, call this number 866-951-1406. When I called my credit card company they gave me that number to call. Apparently there are a large number of complaints at my credit card company. The person who answered was Ashley and she said she would stop the withdrawals from my account and refund my money within 3-5 days. I will soon find out if the truth was told.

41. Hi, i live in the uk and i too fell for this scam! they took a joining fee of 1.37 from my account today but not the $70 yet. I have contacted my bank and they have cancelled my card and issued me with a new card number, do u know if this is enough to stop them taking money?
    Iv tried ringning the american number but the lines are always closed and costing my phone bill loadsss!!!

42. 4/11/2009 DEBITCARD:PURCHASE 866 957 0020 UT 04/09/09 FOR REFUNDS CALL86 ($72.21) $486.36

4/1/2009 DEBITCARD:PURCHASE 866 957 0020 UT 03/30/09 FOR REFUNDS CALL86 ($1.97) $398.34

Okay, this is the 3rd F**** I am typing this. Now I’m full of rage and I’m going to lay it out like it is. Google took $ 72.21 dollars on my account 10 days after i purchase that stupid kit online. I just wanted to know what it was all about, from being tired of looking at it from facebook to myspace. On top of that, Google sign me up for some website that will deduct $ 36.77 dollars after the free trial. Ok! What free trial? I don’t recall doing any of that. Im a college student, and money is very valuable to me even if i only have about $ 400. I WANT MY $ 72.21 BACK. That is some BS, if they don’t since i told them straight i want my money back, 9 days ago, and the girl said i will. Somebody Lawsuit google, so we can all have out money back. Money that i need to keep me alive. F**** Google.

43. 4/11/2009 DEBITCARD:PURCHASE 866 957 0020 UT 04/09/09 FOR REFUNDS CALL86 ($72.21) $486.36
    4/1/2009 DEBITCARD:PURCHASE 866 957 0020 UT 03/30/09 FOR REFUNDS CALL86 ($1.97) $98.34
    Okay, this is the 3rd F**** I am typing this. Now I’m full of rage and I’m going to lay it out like it is. Google authorized $ 72.21 doll

44. I just called them three times today. It is during business hours. A message came on and said to call them back during business hours! I will be happy if they just stop taking money out of my account! I sent them an email and got no response. What a company!

45. These people need a good ass whipping. Who knows where we can find them ?

46. To Bob sorry about what I said. I lost my job of 21 years was looking for something. I really think you know what your talking about. Gods blessings.

47. Tim,
    Ty for that i paid 72.21 us and also 1.97 and as soon as i seen that it was taken out of my credit card, i phoned them to cancel & also asked for my money back they told me i could not get my money back but would cancel my account, I never did receive the hardware or cd
    Please beware, how could i have been sooooo stupid!!!!!!!!!!

48. To Tim: Are you kidding? You sound like you have been put up to answer by them. By the way you mispelled “find.” Here is the deal: I will call them Monday. I will cancel. I will do whatever I have to stop them from taking more money from my account. They couldn’t prosecute anybody. They are the ones who are criminals here. If they took anyone to court they would be slammed by a decent legal system in a short time. They have a legal contract they think. Except they have sent nothing in return for the consideration they have recieved. Unless they can prove they have sold an actual product, they are in violation of the Uniform Commercial Code. So bring them on!

49. IF you will read the terms again you fin out they will prosecute you if you don’t separate from them right. you don’t even have to have a bank account.

50. I can’t believe this! They have taken $72.21 out of my credit card account I never authorized that! Are they planning on taking this out every month? For What? I have a stupid CD there is no business of any kind and no product. How can they take $72.21 out of my account every month? I need to stop that now. It is Saturday. I didn’t even pay attention to this $1.97 deal until today. I ordered it March 30th. They took the money out April 9th. I believe it is the law that there has to be a 30 day money back guaranty on any kind of mail order or internet direct sales. I will call them Monday and I would like to send some very nasty people to their office. But the odds are they do not have an office. Thanks to Sharon for her response here. I hope I get the same result.