Now tracking 17 ways to make money through customer service.
Customer Service Background Information
Are you interested in doing some customer service work from home? If so, you picked a good profession to break in to. The requirements are low, the work is relatively easy, and the pay is good. As a customer service representative from home, you may find yourself answering support calls, doing market research, or even some (gasp) telemarketing. You should expect to find yourself on the phone nearly the entire time while you are working. Great communication skills are a must.
Most companies insist that you meet these basic requirements: access to a computer with a broadband connection, a landline phone connection, and a headset. Other than that, you may find yourself having to pay for a background check in order to start working. You may find yourself dealing with personal and private information and it is the company’s responsibility to ensure the security of their customers.
Recommended Customer Service Jobs
- 1800-Flowers – Seeking work at home customer support agents.
- Accolade Support – Answer support calls as they come in. No experience required and you set the hours you are available.
- Alpine Access – Work as a Customer Care Professional. No experience required but will have to pay for background check.
- Balance Your Books – Seeking experienced Bookkeepers or CPAs to provide support from home.
- BookMinders – Seeking Home-Based Accountant and Sales Representatives.
- BRG Research Services @ Home – You will conduct market research surveys over the telephone, and enter the responses into your computer.
- Brighten Employment – Work as a business-to-business telemarketer. Some cold calling/telemarketing experience preferred.
- ClickAccounts – Virtual CPA firm looking for home-based accountants and bookkeepers.
- Cloud 10 Corp – You will be taking support calls, placing or canceling orders. Training provided. No experience or background check required.
- Customer Loyalty Concepts – The calls you make for CLC are customer service related. You will be contacting existing newspaper subscribers.
- Ecallogy – Hires independent contractors for customer support
- Grindstone – Seeking talented outbound cold callers. You need to have experience.
- Live Ops – Numerous positions available. Just check the site for something that fits you.
- O’Currance Teleservices – Sales and training support calls. Utah based.
- Service800Inc. – Seeking stay at home customer service reps from the following states: Florida, Texas, Wisconsin and Minnesota.
- Team Doubleclick – Seeking virtual assistants
- Westat – Administer questionnaires over the phone and report your data findings.
Do you have experience with any of the companies above? Let us know in the comment section below.