Dozens of people have stepped forward and left more than 200 comments on our Angela Penbrook and rebate processing posts. People who got burned, people who didn’t, people who got their money back, people who almost got burned until they found I’ve Tried That and learned from the sad experiences of those before them. All of you are helping lots of people save lots of money. That’s a thing of beauty.
New Dirt on “Angela”
With the help of our readers, we’ve learned a few interesting things about “Angela” and how she does
business her dirty work. This is the kind of people you’re dealing with:
- The ebook that some victims receive after payment (and which is available in html on at least one of her sites) is a copy of an older e-book, “Get Google Ads Free.” She is reselling something she didn’t even write (unless she’s the one who wrote the original ebook).
- Carl believes that her site planted a spybot on his computer that regularly pops up a Penbrook window. Now that’s a pleasant surprise.
- Judy posted all of the Penbrook contact information she knows, as well as filed a report with the BBB, and tells you how to do the same.
- Jenn asks a provocative question about why Penbrook wants to know how much credit you have available. A word to the wise: Never give more info than is necessary.
- Perhaps most important, Loretta was successful in recovering her lost money. Not from Penbrook, which would have been sweet, but from her credit card company. That’s cool too. If enough pissed off customers call their credit card companies, the banks will come down hard on the perpetrators.
- When you call the customer service number and ask for a refund, they tell you it’s being processed and you’ll have it in 3-7 days…even if you didn’t sign up!. As one reader put it, they’re probably operating with a pencil and paper.
- They often give out the same confirmation number to people asking for refunds.
Of course, none of this tells us anything that we didn’t already know: this is the most blatant scam we’ve seen since we started I’ve Tried That last year.