Is InboxDollars a Scam? Can you get paid to read emails?

Post Pic

Before I start this review, let’s put the facts on the table.

• We all read emails.
  • We all love money.
  • It would be really awesome to get paid to read emails.

InboxDollars promises just that and they even go as far as to make the claim that ‘Money really does grow on trees.’ But just how accurate are these claims? Can you really get paid to just read emails? We wouldn’t call ourselves professional product and program testers if we didn’t give you an answer to these questions.

You can make money, but that doesn’t mean you necessarily will make money.

Each email that you read will net you anywhere between 1 to 10 cents. But these aren’t emails you would normally want to read. They’re advertisements for various programs or products that would result in InboxDollars making hefty revenue if you followed through and signed up for the program. Aside from emails, you can also “get paid” to play games, sign up for surveys, sign up for programs, shop, and search the internet.

What you aren’t told is that you will need to start spending money first and you’ll receive a measly percentage back on your spendings. This is the hidden truth behind their “get paid to” claims.

My Results

I’ve been a member for about two weeks now and I have received 14 emails for a total of $0.40 cents. That’s a little less than 3 cents per email. If we take into account the $5.00 sign up bonus and the $1.00 introduction survey, I will need to read approximately 857 more emails.

At the current rate of 1 email per day, I’m looking at over 2 years of reading email just to receive my first $30 check. I don’t know about you, but I have better things to do than click on an advertisement once a day for the next 2 years just to receive $30.

The Real Source of Funds

At this point, you’re probably asking yourself how could they possibly make money by sending out emails. I decided to look into a few of the programs that are heavily promoted throughout the site. Take for example, eBay. InboxDollars will pay you $6.00 to sign up at eBay and place a bid. Not bad right? Wrong. They’re making anywhere between $25-$35 every time a new user signs up at eBay and places a bid.

Stamps.com is also heavily promoted at a $10 bonus just for signing up for their free trial. However, in the event you forget to cancel the free trial after a couple of weeks, you will be billed $15.99 per month and InboxDollars makes $50. It sounds like users are getting the short end of the stick while InboxDollars laughs all the way to the bank.

I’ve tried that and I don’t like it.

If you have nothing better to do than to read emails (read: view advertisements) for the next few years, then by all means sign up and get started. I do feel that doing anything at InboxDollars aside from reading emails is a recipe for disaster. In an extreme case, suppose you sign up for the Stamps.com free trial and forget about your account. In a month you will be billed and in the event that you refuse to pay you can have your account forwarded to collections which could have a disastrous effect on your credit score. This result could yield hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars in damages all for a measly $10.

Personally, I’m closing my account.

How Does Inbox Dollars Compare?

I did a review of a program called SwagBucks a few months back and just wanted to give you guys a little update on my progress, show you how much I’ve actually made with the program, and give some tips on how to quickly start making some money with them.

A quick overview: the concept behind SwagBucks is that they’d pay you for using their search page to browse the web. They make money through Google’s sponsored results and then pass some of their earnings on to you in the form of SwagBucks. You can also make money by filling out surveys, shopping online, watching videos, and many many more ways.

All you have to do is use their search page and every so often, you’ll be awarded SwagBucks which you can redeem for cash or gift cards.

The best part is the SwagBucks search bar uses Google, so you’ll get the same results you’re used to, but now you have a chance to make some extra money. It takes no extra effort on your part either. It’s a fun way to make some extra money each month.

And you can join today and see for yourself why I rate this program so highly, absolutely for free. Plus, you get a free $5 bonus just for signing up.

There are a lot more ways to earn, but searching is by far the easiest and the quickest. You’ll see the other ways in just a minute, but first…

Proof SwagBucks Actually Pays

Here’s an inside look at most of the orders that I’ve placed with SwagBucks since I’ve joined. This is a look inside my own personal account. I’ve cashed out and received $890.00 worth of gift cards so far.

Now, there are thousands of items you can spend your SwagBucks on or you can even redeem them for cash. I chose the giftcards because they’re a little bit cheaper than the cash redemption so you get more value for your SwagBuck, so to speak. Plus, I shop at Amazon often and this really helped cut down on costs.

Here’s a look at my total earnings so far:

1 SwagBuck roughly equals 1 penny. So I’ve made approximately $928.78 since joining!

And here’s a look at just some of my rewards so far!

Oh, and did I mention this was all free?

The Bottom Line

SwagBucks is a scam free way to make extra money online. It’s an excellent alternative to InboxDollars and you’ll make money much faster. I’ve been a member for about six months now and I’ve been paid over $890. It’s completely free to join and will help you bring in some extra cash by doing things you already do online. What more could you want from a program?!

SwagBucks is awesome and I highly recommend you click here an create an account right now. You get a $5 bonus offer just for signing up.

1. I won a photo contest from their facebook, and never got the gift card I ”won”. I can’t seem to find any email for them, so I email them on facebook. they tell me I have to reply to the email they sent. (yes, the one I JUST told them I never got.) When I told them this, they, AGAIN, told me they sent 3, and I need to reply to one. Obviously, they have stupid people, or really bad customer service. Needless to say, I never got that gift card. Pretty shady when you can’t find contact info…..

2. Inboxdollars does not ONLY provide paid emails for you to earn money. In fact, that is only one of many ways. Signing up for free offers on other sites rewards you with an adverage of $5. Using the search engine pays you. Playing games pays you. Taking surveys pays you. Using the SPIN TO WIN pays you. And it all adds up faster than you think. If all you are doing on Inboxdollars is opening their paid emails, you are wasting your time on the website and not putting enough effort into it.

3. I have get the payments from inboxdollars three times, altogether for more than $105.00 in three months, so I think you can trust this survey website. But this survey website only can give you some money for part time survey, you can not make large money for this way.

4. Inboxdollars is both legit and a scam. I say this because I had been taking surveys with them for almost a year but I’m not going to anymore. I sometimes earned about $25 a month BUT you don’t know until you finish a survey (sometimes up to 30 mins long) if you will get paid or not. If it’s an instant pay, awesome. But every time after taking the survey it says “credit may take up to 3 weeks”, I NEVER get the credit. And if you contact chat support they can’t help unless you give them the survey # and most of the time it never tells you a survey # so you’re then screwed and wasted your time. If you knew if it was an instant pay or not you could avoid this but it does not tell you until you finish and it has become too frustrating to waste my time with surveys and not know until I’ve invested the time rather I’ll actually get paid or not.

5. I am with inbox dollar for about 3 months now so far I just have $10.87 same thing happened to me I purchased online using inbox dollar and till now I didn’t get anything yet from them. Thank you for sharing . I am now a member of other online business and loving it and I get addicted everyday. I earn money Every 20 minutes even when I am sleeping and going somewhere my money is making like a clock. Let me know if who is interested to join. I will be happy explain it to you.

6. Peter Lee says:

I registered in inboxdollars.com about 1 month ago, and now I have finished the first $30 check, will be mail to me at July, 16,2014, now I earn about $19 for about a week, go to the second $30. I have not receive the first $30 check, but I think this website is good for me.

7. i have used inboxdollars.com and am a gold member i have received a check for $30 twice. It does take a long time to get that much but it took me a month to get both checks thats why i participate in multiple sites. Also to earn money faster do the surveys and be general with your personal survey answers so you get more survey opportunities.

8. I used inbox dollars and its so pointless is there really a survey website that I can use& it works…

9. The Wicker Man says:

@Susen, You’re absolutely correct.

I actually got to the very last question on a survey, answered it, and get this, this same question appeared several times throughout the survey, at least 1-4 times I had ALREADY answered it, and that answer was ALWAYS IDENTICAL to ALL of them.

So I answered the very last question, instead of paying me the $20.00 the survey was supposed to pay, I’m sure by now you can guess what I got as soon as I clicked next or continue, right?

If not, I got “We’re Sorry You Do Not Qualify for this Survey!” Now that is DEFINITELY BOGUS, and I’ve had it happen a few times, especially on high dollar amount surveys, I’m talking anywhere from $5.00 upward to that $20 I was cheated out on.

And like you it either does no good to complain, or you can’t find any way to register a complaint, and it seems the company offering up the surveys like this are also just as shady by not having any real, viable or easily found {i.e. Out in the open} to contact them, no e-mail, no phone, no real company name and no physical address.

Some offer a forum or area to give open feedback anyone can read, and sometimes they reply, most often, complaints like this just go ignored.

So, you’re screwed and get taken for all the time you wasted taking a survey.

Personally if you’ve completed even ONE FOURTH of a Survey and then get disqualified {which does not make sense by the way}, then YOU SHOULD BE COMPENSATED for what answers you did offer up, it wasn’t your or anyone else’s fault taking the survey they got disqualified{duped!} after starting and putting time into it.

So if a Survey paid $5.00, you got through 1/4 of it, your should receive $1.25¢ for your time, 1/2 way, $2.50¢. 3/4 of the way: $3.75¢ and anything past the 3/4 mark should be paid the full amount of $5.00! Now THIS WOULD BE FAIR TO EVERYONE!

Sadly, IT IS NOT just InBox Dollars doing this, I have tried several other survey sites and, I really hate to say this, THEY ARE ALL THE SAME! So no matter what site you use, eventually you’re going to have this happen to you, NOT at first, seems they hook you, reel you in and then you may get past a few surveys at first, but then they set the hook and you’re disqualified at every turn.

Also the companies ARE making a fortune on those taking those surveys that you answer and get disqualified for, they still have the incompleted survey answers you submitted and I’m sure they STILL USE those surveys for their research.

So by disqualify anyone at any stage of a survey after being 1/4 in to almost the end before they disqualify you is giving them FREE ANSWERS that they SHOULD BE PAYING FOR! Just like I stated above, these “Survey Sites” that send you to these companies NEED to set a contract that if a survey taker is disqualified even if only 1/4 of the way into it, the company offering up the survey SHOULD BE REQUIRED TO PAY ANY SURVEY TAKER for their time and effort in even attempting said survey!

Again, THIS IS THE ONLY REAL AND FAIR, as well as viable way to also protect Survey takers from companies SCAMMING them out of the time spent{wasted} on a survey, just to be disqualified when they have gotten well into the survey.

~The Wicker Man~ has spoken.

10. this is a total rip off they take your answers on a survey and then after doing the survey for 90 – 100 percent they decide you do not qualify. I have spent hours doing surveys for them to say i do not qualify, how can they say that when i have completed the survey or almost completed it RIP OFF! When you tell them they say they cannot be responsible for the individual companies so I have cancelled my account as they have ripped me off too many times.

11. I’ve been a member of ‘inboxdollars’ for about a month and just requested a check. I believe with any of these “free” sites you’re not going get rich. I consider them all stress relievers and nothing more. When two cents will buy something than I’ll considered them an asset.

12. Has anyone used EarnCashEmails.Com, they say all you do is post emails that they send you, and you get $25 for each one. this has to be a scam. they want a one time fee of $25 for the start up materials they send you, by email.

13. I just joined few minutes ago and just googled whether it’s a scam. Then i found your this article which proves it is not a scam but very much similar to a scam. So, I went back and removed the account. Thanks for the info. I should have seen this earlier before joining that site. anyways.. Thanks.. :)

14. David Wilson says:

Inbox Dollars sounds good and is a nice way to a make money. You can make small amounts of money but even that takes a long time. You are given emails and surveys, but depending on where you are, the surveys “fill up” or you become “uneligible” due to the survey guidelines. If you don’t get a survey, you are given a chance to spin the wheel for money–you will usually get 1 chance in a drawing, which you never hear about again. If you win money, you will be lucky to win a nickel.
    I have been with this survey company for half a year and it has taken til now to qualify for my first check. Unfortunately, Inbox reminds me of the other scams out there on the web.